- Immediately close all doors and windows.
- Leave the door of the cage open. Sometimes the bird itself back into the cage back, it's finally his own home ?? ??.
- Heat the room. The bird is then quieter and can usually be easily caught.
- If the bird flying freely around the house, you must turn it to where the cage is trying to drive. If he continues to fly, he will get tired and want to rest. After a while, you can then catch the bird and put back in the cage.
- You can also throw a net or thin cloth over the bird. This method of capture is Free easy and secure.
The moult takes nature a regular basis, but by the artificial atmosphere indoors where temperature and light are controlled, the natural rhythm is disturbed and can moult will follow a completely different pattern. voliërevogels usually get a very mediocre food and rarely they mate. All these factors affect the feather headdress.
The pecking or -uittrekken can be caused by psychological factors, parasites, nutritional deficiencies or hormonal disorders. Oil pasting feathers together and lose their insulating ability. An oiled bird will therefore rapidly cool down and die.
- Set birds not too long exposed to artificial light. Let them go to sleep when the sun goes down.
- Improve nutrition through a multi-vitamin supplement by providing drinking water daily; hang a skeleton squid, some oyster shells or a salt block in the cage and bring some variety in food to. Depending on the type of bird you can give raisins, peanut butter and eggs and a variety of seeds, fruits, vegetables, grains and even meats.
- Avoid possible psychological factors by the bird to give a wide berth; also bells, toys or possibly a second bird there, can provide enough distraction. The sound from the radio or television can also have a beneficial effect, as well as moving the cage to, for example, another room in the house. This can sometimes brighten again a lonely bird.
- Prevent pecking for several months by a paper sleeve or collar to attach the neck of the bird.
- Go to the vet for proper treatment against lice, fleas and mites. This sees you move like small white, gray or red spots on the feathers, cage wall or perches.
- Handle oil victims in the manner described below.
If possible USETHE a heat source. For example, a plastic or glass bottle filled with hot water and place in a manner of pitcher in the box.
Bring the bird as quickly as possible to a special reception center for victims of oil to a veterinary clinic, because there is an extensive treatment necessary to save the patient. There are special injections necessary to shock and malnutrition, which mostly exist to fight.
Never use chemical solvents such as alcohol, ether, etc. These indeed remove the oil, but be very dangerous for the bird. Make emergency use of a diluted liquid soap solution. If the bird is washed clean, rinse it with plenty of water and dry it through ?? warm air.
Because there by the washing sometimes complications occur, the total recovery can take several weeks. With proper veterinary supervision can be expected that 50 percent of the oil recovering victims.
If this is impossible, you have to put him in a dark warm place to give him rest.
Perform a weakened bird with a oogdruppelaartje give him every hour 1/4 to 1 teaspoon of the following mixture: 1 teaspoon of sugar, dissolved in 5 teaspoons of the following mixture: 1 teaspoon of sugar, dissolved in 5 teaspoons of water or high protein low-fat milk. If the bird does not want or can not eat, you can use a small strip of cardboard or a stick with a rounded end every hour some soft food stop in the beak of the bird. Give the animal with the aid of a pipette, every hour of water. If the bird aansterkt he usually goes back food itself, which is a hopeful sign.
If one takes care of these birds for more than a few days, there is special food and requires special expertise, but for emergencies, you can give the foods listed below.
The staple food of wild birds consists of meat or grains. If you give meat steak tartare, cooked chicken, hard-boiled eggs, canned meat for dogs and aquatic insects. If you take for example cereals Bambix, brinta, oatmeal, all in dry form, crushed cornflakes or wheat flour. You can also give shelled sunflower seeds, peanuts ?? s, fruits and berries. Enter fruit-eating birds with soaked raisins, other fruits or berries. Predatory birds recover the fastest if one feeds them freshly killed chickens or mice. Large water birds can give whole fish. Small waterfowl is carried with the meats mentioned above, mixed with raw egg yolk. You have to put water birds in or near water; they can then take their own eating habits and discharge their droppings.
For seed-eaters blends you meat food with grain nutrition, in the ratio of 1 part meat to 5 parts grain. For insects eaters is the ratio of 1 part meat to 2 parts corn. You can add some overripe banana on these mixtures to improve the consistency and increase the nutritional value.