Basil has reappeared in our gardens, so you have to act now to preserve it for long. Fortunately, it can be used in many other ways, in addition to the kitchen. Basil is best known for its culinary uses and is added to almost everything, but not everyone knows what are the various other uses of its leaves. It is traditional remedies used in various cultures for hundreds of years and the ones you find here are some of the ideas that we recommend.
1. The basil pesto - The culinary use is one of the most popular uses of basil and its variations are found in the heritage of the whole world. The pesto can flavor any dish, eggs, meat, until the slices of fresh cucumber.
2. In recipes - The dried basil can be easily added to any dish. Basil is used worldwide in many kitchens, and for good reason: it adds a depth and a taste that is unrivaled among other herbs. Prepare a mixture of spices homemade, including basil, and add it to all your dishes.
3. To soothe the stomach - Basil is ideal for a calming effect on the stomach and 1/2 teaspoon of dried leaves or fresh water often fail to help the healing indigestion and relieve feelings of excessive fullness.
4. Care cough and cold - In the culture hamish is said to chew fresh leaves to help relieve cough, or you can prepare a soothing tea with the dried basil to help heal the disease.
5. Facial Steamer for headache - A session of facial steamer made with dried basil leaves can help relieve headaches. Add a tablespoon of dried basil leaves to 2 cups of boiling water into a large pot. Stay bent over the pot and cover your head with a towel, prejudice to breathe the steam for 5-10 minutes until the headache starts to subside. Attention: leaves an intense, severely if you do not like particularly.
6. Ownership antibiotic - European scientists are studying the use of basil oil as a treatment for antibiotic-resistant infections from Staphylococcus, Enterococcus, and Pseudomonas.
7. stings and bites - If you are bitten by an insect or points and you have no remedy in the vicinity, just chew a basil leaf and apply it on the area that itches / hurts: help relieve the pain and to bring out the poison.
8. Ear Infections - L 'essential oil of basil has antibacterial and drops can relieve ear infections.
9. Adjust blood sugar - There is some evidence that basil can optimize the level of blood sugar when consumed regularly and drunk as juice or tea.
10. Calm stress - Experts of herbal suggest to add 2 cups of basil leaves in a hot bath, to help reduce stress and promote relaxation.