If the dog shown aggression to other dogs then it is wise not to wait too long to castrate. This behavior is in fact also a habit and will therefore, after a castration reduce less rapidly.
Once the dog is anesthetized, there is some hair shaved on the spot between the penis and the schrotum. Then the place will be carefully cleaned and washed. Thereafter, a small incision is made through which the testicles are pressed outwards. Then, the vas deferens and the blood vessels are ligated and the testicles, including the balls, to be removed. Finally, the incision is closed with a few stitches. These sutures will after about ten days by the vet to be removed again.
After neutering the dog may be calmer. It is not that the dog of a very active dog suddenly becomes very drowsy. As long as you remain active with before the dog will remain active but probably a little quieter. Castration is no guarantee that the dog is much quieter.
Because a dog is more likely to gain weight after castration, it is advisable to look again at the amount of food given. They put the food after a castration namely easier in fat. Give light food or less food after a castration.
- The dog is less prevalent and therefore are less likely to fight with other reuen.De risk of testicular cancer is gone.
- The disappearance of behavior as running away when females in heat are nearby.
- The disappearance of behavior as much sniffing, drool and lick the urine of females.
- It prevents come back in 90% of the cases in which peri-anal gland tumors. These sit around the anus.
- Usually the skin inflammation disappears. This is a suppurative inflammation of the foreskin, which is present on each dog.
- It not prevent prostate cancer but the probability of a common benign enlargement of the postaat well. This is common in older dogs over five years.
- Aggression towards other dogs can reduce but castration is not always the solution.
- The dog will be less likely to mark his territory constantly in and outdoors.
- Reducing the "lines" to other dogs, pillows and people.
- During the operation includes a general anesthetic and this always entails risks.
- The dog puts food into fat easier and therefore more likely to be overweight.
- Neutered males can go find each other attractive and thereby go riding together.
- The coat may be thicker, making it more time consuming to maintain them.
- If neutered male was what scared landscaped might get worse. The behavior can turn into fear aggression.
- It may be that there are urinary incontinence occur. This is because the male hormones are no longer there. Incidentally, this can also occur without castration but in old age.