Obesity concerns overweight, but goes a step further than a few pounds which would be allowed off. Obesity means namely obesity, meaning that you have a BMI of 30 or higher. There are a total of five degrees of obesity, namely:
- BMI 25-30: Overweight
- BMI 30-35: Obesity
- BMI 35-40: severe obesity
- BMI 40-50: Morbid obesity
- BMI> 50: Super-obese
The more overweight you are, the greater the risk to your overall health. So you have to deal with include high blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, arthritis, type 2 diabetes and even heart attack or stroke. Obesity is a very serious condition that can have fatal consequences.
According Netherlands Obesity Clinic obesity should be treated by a team of professionals. The team of NOK therefore consists of a physician, internist, psychologist, surgeon, dietician and exercise specialist. Every aspect of your life is so scrutinized.
It's obesity clinic program lasts two years and is based on a complete lifestyle change. The program is arranged as follows:
- Orientation meeting: introduction and information-gathering
- Decision: do you want to participate or not?
- Multidisciplinary screening: physical and psychological tests
- Conclusion: you is or is not considered suitable as a client
- Treatment: you follow a two-year treatment, consisting of 6 blocks, divided into three phases
- Operation: During phase 1 surgery generally takes place if you have a BMI above 35 to 40
Participation in the two-year program of an obesity clinic is relatively costly. The cost of the Obesity Clinic are listed below ...
- Orientation meeting: 0 euro
- Screening: 100 euro
- Phase 1: 1900 euro
- Phase 2: 1.900 euro
- Phase 3: 500 euro
The total cost for the program of the Obesity Clinic are therefore about 4400 euro; these costs are rarely fully reimbursed by health insurance. Consider you are participating in a program of the Dutch Obesity Clinic? Or did you already experience with it? Leave a comment below!