ID & T has been organizing for over 20 years celebrations, it was targeted in 1992. It was then established by Irfan of Ewijk, Duncan Stutterheim and Theo Lelie. The name ID & T stands for the first letters of the names of the three founders. The first festival was organized, was the party ?? ?? Final Exam. It was held in the Jaarbeurs in Utrecht, the festival was intended for graduate students. The party was a great success, because there were 12 000 people off. The tone was put for larger parties.
But things have not always been as good at ID & T. The company had its own radio station, called ID & T radio. However, the radio station was not good and it was decided to sell the radio station again. The company also had a magazine called ?? ID & T magazine ??. In addition, the owner of Bloomingdale beach bar and catering tent Cineac in Amsterdam. All these activities still were not enough to be profitable because the company nearly went bankrupt. Fortunately, the company scrambled to his feet and started a reorganization. There were 17 people laid off in 2012, especially in the intermediate layer as support services most of the jobs are gone. The company decided to sell the activities such as the radio, magazine and horecetenten. The core business of ID & T is in the year 2014 to organize large events.
Below is a list of events organized by the company:
- Dirty Dutch
- Mystery Land
- Tomorrow Land
- Tomorrow World
- Welcome to the future
- Indian Summer Festival
- Don ?? t let Daddy Know
- Amsterdam Music Festival
- Tick Tock
- Spinnin Sessions
- Life in Color-Unleash
- Sensation is a festival held in 21 countries and all visitors are expected to come in white. The dress code to come in white is the second edition introduced in honor of the killed Miles Stutterheim. Miles Stutterheim was the brother of Duncan Stutterheim. Duncan Stutterheim was the director and co-founder of ID & T. Since then appear all visitors at Sensation in white.
- Tomorrowland, held in Belgium in 2014 for the third time in a row voted the best dance festival in the world. The festival received the award during the International Dance Music Awards in 2013 and even 2012.
- ID & T is at the Miami Winter Music Conference in 2010 was named Best Promoter. They received the prize even though in 2009 and 2008, it was in 2010, so the third time in a row. On the same Miami Winter Music Conference in 2007 and in 2008 they received the prize for Best Dance Event.
- Every year there are internationally more than 600 000 visitors to the events of ID & T.
- In the year 2006, a documentary film God Is My DJ on ID & T and its co-founder Duncam Stutterheim appeared.
- In 2012 ID & T opened offices in Los Angeles and New York.