- Influence sun on the skin
- How to recognize newly forming skin cancer?
- What types of skin cancer are there?
- How to recognize a melanoma through the ABCDE rule?
- Relationship skin cancer and sun
- How is skin cancer treated?
- rapidly emerging sores that heal poorly or not;
- warty nodules or unexplained itchy spots, similar to mastocytosis;
- spots that bleed easily and quickly change color and size.
Do you recognize yourself in the above symptoms then it's time you rushed to the skin doctor is going to obtain a definitive answer regarding the cause of the complaints. Skin cancer, it is then this can be well treated in an early stage.
Basal cell carcinoma
This skin cancer is common in older people whose skin is much exposed to sunlight. It is recognizable as a glassy-red lump the size of a few millimeters in which blood vessels are visible. This may grow into an incurable wound to the chance of growth.
The skin coming into actinic keratosis ie by sunlight radiation lofty rough warts and / or crusty patches appearing on the skin. The size may range from millimeters to several centimeters. It also happens that plaveiselcarcinomen arise in scars from old wounds and burns and can be caused by a dysregulated immune system. Plaveiselcarninomen on the skin may metastasize to a large size that the trimming of the local metastasizing skin cancer is the first option.
A third type of skin cancer is melanoma, however, a problem here is that the melanoma can spread quickly to all other parts of the body via the lymph nodes network. It is therefore necessary to detect skin cancer in a timely manner.
- A = Asymmetry: the place has a vertical curvature or a point;
- B = Border: how does the boundary of the stain out? A birthmark is usually around. If the stain capricious there may be something going on;
- C = color: what color is the skin patch? The color of the skin stain quickly to dark, red, purple, black, or a blend of colors;
- D = Diameter: if you have a mole of more than half an inch in diameter than a regular check by a medical specialist of interest;
- E = elevation which is elevated in position. Will stain the skin thickens and there are bumps or pits this is suspicious.
- with squamous carcinoma minor surgery is performed or radiotherapy place;
- basal cell carcinoma skin cancer can be removed by cutting it off, freeze means nitrogen, burn, radiation or light therapy.
In a melanoma is always started with the removal of the entire suspicious spot. In addition, it is the question of how thick the melanoma really is. On the basis of an estimate of the physician can then more skin and tissue to be removed. Usually, the melanoma can be removed completely. If there are no metastases are at an after-treatment is often unnecessary. A swollen lymph node is found it will be removed as a precaution for additional research. On the basis of the results of the supplementary examination of the follow-up treatment can be determined. This may be radiation and / or chemotherapy are.
Let you always check with a changing skin spot by a GP or medical specialist.