- By telephone: For this service, usually by telephone to make an appointment for the time when an interpreter is used. Some interpreters are also readily available.
- On location: The interpreter is present in person.
- Congress Interpretation: often involving several languages and interpreted in any language. The agency that provides interpreters also have the necessary equipment and booths from which the interpreters can follow the conference and translate without disturbing effect.
- Patients: If the physician or practitioner does not speak the language of the patient.
- Within an organization or company event work with people of different nationalities who do not speak each other's language.
- Business relationships: In order to achieve better results and be able to close good deals. Also to act faster.
- Trade Delegations: Interpreters often go along with trade delegations abroad to countries where English is not the language is spoken.
At the same time or simultaneously
When simultaneous translation is that which is heard by the interpreter in a given language immediately translated into another language. When translating in this way, in principle, there is no time to correct. Simultaneous translation is common in large gatherings. Each interpreter while sitting in a booth where the interpreter through headphones, the speaker hears and almost simultaneously recording a translation into a microphone. Listeners can then choose the appropriate language by means of a switch. This type of translation requires great concentration from the interpreter.
Sequential or consecutively;
In this type of interpreting the interpreter translates sentence by sentence. Interpret this way often appears as a speaker addressing a room full of people in a foreign language. In this way, a speech, of course, takes twice as long. An alternative is sometimes used by not continuously translate a sentence only occasionally giving a summary of previous statements. Translate sentence by sentence also occurs when two calls example between government where the interpreter stands somewhat in the background or is only in such a place that it is easy to understand. Incidentally, is also applied simultaneously translate in such a situation.