Pesticides containing nicotine are also easy to make but can be harmful to humans. When used in a vegetable garden it is advisable to wait a week to harvest. For other pesticides is enough for 2 to 3 days. For making the pesticide is best rain water or well water may be used. If this is not possible tap water, however, to hard water than add a tablespoon of vinegar per liter of water.
- on the basis of tobacco
For dilute use: 2.5 liter of solution in 10 liters of water. For added effectiveness add 200 g of green soap.
Effective against: all the chewing and sucking insects
- on the basis of walnut tree leaves of a
Effective against: caterpillars and aphids
- based on tansy
Add 300 to 400 g of fresh plants or 30 to 40 g of dried plants to 10 liters of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Followed by cooling, filtration, and use pure.
Effective against: all kinds of bugs and aphids
- On the basis of lavender
Effective against: ants *, carrot fly, aphids.
* Although ants themselves do not harm plants, helping them aphids. An infestation can therefore best be suppressed
- On the basis of stinging nettle
Effective against: Aphids
- On the basis of elderberry
Add 800 g to 1 kg of leaves, flowers and berries of the elderberry bush to 10 liters of water and steep for 2 to 3 days. Filter and use pure.
Effective against: Aphids and all kinds of flies.
Tips for a successful fight:
- Spray the solution preferably early morning or late evening
- Spray not in direct sunlight and strong wind
- Wait for 2 to 3 days with the consumption of treated plants
- Use the solutions as soon as possible and repeat the treatment if necessary. The operation is short.