ADHD occurs in three different types: the combined type, predominantly inattentive type and the predominantly hyperactive / impulse type.
According DSMIV someone has ADHD if they have six or more of the following symptoms:
- Insufficient attention to details or make careless mistakes
- Difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play activities
- Do not seem to listen
- Failure to follow instructions or can not finish tasks
- Difficulty organizing tasks
- Avoidance or dislike having tasks that require sustained mental effort
- Lose things necessary for tasks
- Easily distracted
- Forgetful in daily activities
- Restless movement with hands and feet or turn on the chair
- Rise as expected will remain seated
- Running around or anywhere ascend if this is inappropriate
- Difficulty playing quietly or carry out recreational activities
- In his back or on trot
- At a stretch talk
Facts and Fiction
- People with ADHD are not lazy
- ADHD can also occur in adults
- ADHD is not caused by faulty education
- ADHD is not due to lack of outdoor play and / or exercise
- ADHD is not uncommon in women
- You do not need the outside to see immediately that someone has ADHD
- ADHD-ers do not lack character
- ADHD-ers are no posers
Dexamphetamine is like a psychostimulant methylphenidate. Gives off dopamine and amphetamine, rather than to inhibit the re-uptake. The action begins about one to two hours after ingestion. Dexamphetamine is officially under the Opium Act.
Like almost every drug has side effects dexamphetamine. The most common are:
- Speak Drang
- Decreased appetite and weight loss
- Change in heart rate
- Dry mouth
The side effects disappear and / or reduce in general is used as the drug for longer.
The falling asleep have lasted for about a week. My dreams were vivid and occasionally I had nightmares.
As of July 17, 2008 the falling asleep are gone, but I became very nervousness and dry mouth. I now change significantly between a huge appetite and just a lack of appetite. My mood has extreme highs and lows. One minute I'm tremendously excited and I to the world, the next moment I feel immensely depressed, despondent and listless. The positive effect on my fatigue is starting to take off again unfortunately.
From July 24th, 2008 I stopped swallowing dexamphetamine. My ADHD symptoms decreased because hardly while I did have a lot of side effects.