Salt in the diet: how bad is it really?

Health maximuslod December 9, 2016 0 7
FONT SIZE:
fontsize_dec
fontsize_inc
People often do not realize how much salt they consume daily. It is thought to salt from a jar, but what many people do not know is that they can get inside way too much salt from processed products such as bread, meat, cheese and snacks. Too much salt can lead to high blood pressure, and increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. It is better not to have too much salt. When ever you are used to eating a lot of salt, you'll find the food might taste bland if you do not add it. Still, you can make food taste good with fresh herbs and spices.

Health Risks ?? s

Too much salt ingest through food is unhealthy. It can lead to increased blood pressure, and that increases the risk of getting cardiovascular disease. Blood pressure is the force with which blood is pumped into the vessels through the heart. This gives pressure on the artery walls. If this is chronically high, the arteries become damaged and may cause arteriosclerosis. As a result, the blood vessels are less elastic and blood pressure is even higher. Overweight people are more health ?? s because they often have higher blood pressure. Older people tend to have poorly functioning kidneys, they should also be extra careful with eating salt.

Excess salt

The body tries to remove excess salt through the drain via the urine or sweat out. Besides high blood pressure, there are other health ?? s at an excessive salt intake. For example, there may develop an edema in the body, resulting in increased blood pressure. Another condition that can develop a kidney disease because the kidneys have to work extra hard to remove the salt from the body. Also, there may be a thinning of the bones can occur because calcium along with the excess sodium uitplast. Calcium is needed for strength bones and teeth. When you're getting enough calcium in the diet produces an excess of salt is usually not a problem.

Sources of salt

The intake of salt that comes out of a jar, we are aware. Unnoticed we get more salt in than we think, because it also appears in products such as bread, cheese, pizza ?? s, sauces, meats, soups, ready meals, crisps and various snacks. Many people add salt during cooking to make the food tastier. On average, about 80 percent of the salt we ingest in the food and beverage processing what we buy in the supermarket, and the remaining 20 percent is itself added during cooking or at the table. Manufacturers add salt to the food to make the food tastier or to prolong the shelf life of the product.

Types of salt

When we talk about salt, then it is thought to salt. The chemical name for table salt is
sodium chloride. Besides salt, salt is also available as Jozo consciously or Lo Salt. The sodium herein has been replaced by potassium and magnesium. The sodium in salt allows for the adverse effects on health. The replacement salt mixtures are not suitable for people with poor kidney or when diuretics or anti-inflammatories are used. When in doubt check with your doctor. Virtually all of the salt is added iodine so that we have no shortage of iodine.

Where to we need salt?

A man has needs sodium to regulate the fluid balance in the body and ensures proper functioning of muscles and nerves. It also contributes to the transport of nutrients throughout the body. Chlorine also plays a role in maintaining the fluid balance, as well as the mineral potassium. The probability of a shortage of salt is very small. A salt deficiency can lead to dehydration caused by severe diarrhea or excessive sweating. Dehydration can be prevented in this case by drinking lots of water.

How much salt should you get inside?

There is a recommendation for an adult to no more than 6 grams of salt per day to get inside. More than 85 percent of Dutch people get more salt in than the recommended maximum amount. On average, men get 9.9 grams of salt per day in women and 7.5 grams per day. This upper limit is lower in children. Basically you get enough salt in their diet and there is no need to add extra salt to the food. For health, it is better to get within less than 6 grams of salt per day.

Pay attention to nutrition

Try not to let a child get used to a salty taste. The advice is not to add salt to the food of a child. It is common for anyone to fit with salt. Indicates how much salt or sodium it contains the label of a product. The following applies: the less the better. There are more and more products for sale with less salt. Instead of using salt on the table once fresh herbs and spices such as fresh chives or basil. It will be perhaps getting used to, but at some point it will eat less salt are tastier. Products that have a check mark on the packaging, usually contain less salt and less sugar and saturated fat.
(0)
(0)