Dr. Amy Wechsler reveals an inexpensive and non-invasive way to rejuvenate their appearance in just nine days. The secret: learning to cope with stress!
If it has not happened yet, is coming is that crucial moment, when you look in the mirror and discover the first signs of aging. Wrinkles, wrinkles, dryness and sagging skin. According to Dr. Amy Wechsler, a dermatologist and psychiatrist, is above the voltage to cause the lines on your face. Stress can add 3 to 6 years the appearance of your skin.
In his book "The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You", the Wechsler explains how to reverse the physical signs of stress and aging by slowing the pace and focusing on themselves. His nine-day renewal plan gradually introduces new focal points, which must be maintained during the remaining days ... and, ideally, for a lifetime.
Because nine days? "I wanted to give the effect of a one-week vacation, which is the right time to relax and also includes two whole weekend," says the author. "I think that most people, when they come home from a week's vacation, you look in the mirror and feel much better: I was trying to recreate that experience." The treatment can start any day of the week, but it is recommended if possible to start on Saturday.
• Establish daily habits of facial care: with so many products on the market, it is not always easy to know what is right for your skin. Dr. Wechsler recommended to stick to the basics, with: a mild cleanser, a moisturizer with sunscreen for the day and no SPF for the night, as well as a gentle exfoliator.
• Begin a regular sleep schedule: Dr. Wechler observes that most people think of sleep as a luxury, not a necessity, that is something that you might want, but you do not necessarily need. "This is not true: it is the way that the body to recover and heal," explains the author. Always remember that we need eight hours of sleep per night.
• Book a massage, surround yourself with friends and / or have sex: surround yourself with people that put you at ease, he suggests the expert. There's nothing like a simple coffee break or an afternoon at the spa to see everything else in perspective.
• Focus on breathing exercises daily: there a few minutes to synchronize the thought with the breath and listen to you as you inhale and exhale. This can help keep cortisol levels under control.
• Walks in the countryside and take contact with the environment: a brisk walk of 20 minutes walk in the sun will give you a real boost of vitamin D, which you need so much, and will allow you to increase circulation.
• Drink green tea: If you plan to take a good habit, this year, do so taking green tea. Hydrates not only as the water, but is loaded with flavonoids, known for their antioxidant activity.
• Choose nutrient-rich foods, grains and unprocessed: to keep blood sugar levels constant and glowing skin, opt for whole grains and complex carbohydrates such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta and burghul, which are rich in fatty acids with properties Smoothing your skin.
• Stay active planning at least 30 minutes of exercise: any activity that keeps up the heart rate and makes you breathe a bit 'more difficult than when you are sitting at your desk, is a step in the right direction.
• Plan a dinner with friends and family: it's time to take a trip down memory lane. Call up the old school friends and spend an evening of sharing great stories that inspire and make you laugh.
• Learn to meditate: "Meditation not only helps to cope with stress in a better way, but it can also help keep your brain young and working optimally," explains Dr. Wechsler.
• Take a nap: there is a reason why the Spaniards would never give up their siesta. While trying to fall asleep, your body is committed to lowering the risk for heart disease and repair cells. One can also notice a renewed predisposition to happiness and an increase in physical resistance.
• Reflect on the week and think about the future: Take a few moments to reward you for your changes. Decide which elements have had the best impact and consider how to apply them in your daily routine.
"There is something psychologically incredible in beginning to do something for you, take some control and focus on yourself," said Dr. Wechsler. "Not only is really nice, but it is above all, incredibly liberating."