- Before the flight take an aspirin. This prevents the blood clotting. Well not really taking aspirin and ibuprofen for example, for only aspirin helps thin the blood
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable shoes
- Wear special support stockings
- Drink before and during the trip lots of water
- Drink absolutely no alcohol before or during the flight
- Move the plane. Do this every half hour to walk back and forth
- Most airlines have a section in their magazine fit for flying which are exercises that provide less risk of thrombosis
Thrombosis on the plane, how do you prevent thrombosis?
Thrombosis can be life threatening if not detected in time and treated. Moreover, the risk of thrombosis has a more than the other. Every now and then some press reports that someone is deceased due to thrombosis occur in the plane. How big is the risk of thrombosis in the plane?